Hi there, glad you dropped by.
My name is Jeremy Brown.
Here’s a quick, bite-sized summary about me.
In 2014, I founded Startups Give Back with the mission of making philanthropy a top priority for startups rather than an afterthought. Some of the companies that have been involved over the years includes: Uber, LinkedIn, Salesforce, and BuzzFeed.
I’m also an angel investor in several startups, an advisor to the nonprofit Educate2Envision, entrepreneur advisor/mentor at Sky’s the Limit, podcaster, writer, and I’ve spent my entire career in the trenches of the tech industry as a marketer.
Cliff notes — “Who is Jeremy Brown?”
Because who doesn’t like cliff notes?!
- I’m the Founder of Startups Give Back, which has lead to the launch of Changemaker Forum, Social Impact Chat, Changemaker Fund, and several other initiatives (Want to know what sparked the creation of Startups Give Back? Check this out.)
- I created the lifestyle brand Hustle Gene
- I host a podcast where I interview social entrepreneurs
- I help small business entrepreneurs and side hustlers with their marketing strategies
- I’m obsessed with storytelling
- Educate2Envision and Praxeis Advisory Board
- Angel investor: Keen Home (Acquired), ZenSpace, Roomi, Coinvest, NowRx, Level Therapy
- I taught myself how to code using a book, WordPress, Google, and a lot of trial and error
- Speaking of books, I read A LOT (check out my book recommendations here)
- Technology is my second language
- I’m on a mission to progress humankind (read more about this here)
Events I’ve been a part of or are currently part of
- Startups Give Back volunteering events
- Breaking into Social Impact (host/moderator)
- Changemaker Forum Live (host)
- Startup Philanthropy: The Benefits of Embedding Social Impact Early On (speaker/moderator)
- Ctrl, Alt, Delete Hate (speaker)
- SF Tech4Good x2 (speaker)
- Epic Foundation + Startups Give Back event (speaker)
- Net Impact Conference (speaker/moderator)
- Interop conference (speaker)
- TEDx Livermore (volunteer)
- You can also catch me at various startup, marketing, and tech meetups around the San Francisco Bay Area
Websites I’ve written for and articles I’ve been quoted in