Hi there, glad you dropped by.
My name is Jeremy Brown.
Here’s a quick, bite-sized summary about me.
In 2014, I founded Startups Give Back with the mission of making philanthropy a top priority for startups rather than an afterthought. Some of the companies that have been involved over the years includes: Uber, LinkedIn, Salesforce, and BuzzFeed.
I’m also an angel investor in several startups, an advisor to the nonprofit Educate2Envision, entrepreneur advisor/mentor at Sky’s the Limit, podcaster, writer, and I’ve spent my entire career in the trenches of the tech industry as a marketer.
Cliff notes — “Who is Jeremy Brown?”
Because who doesn’t like cliff notes?!
- I’m the Founder of Startups Give Back (Want to know what sparked the creation of Startups Give Back? Check this out.)
- I created the activewear brand Hustle Gene
- I host a podcast where I interview social entrepreneurs
- I help small business entrepreneurs and side hustlers with their marketing strategies
- I’m obsessed with storytelling
- Educate2Envision and Praxeis Advisory Board
- Angel investor: Keen Home, ZenSpace, Roomi, Coinvest, NowRx, Level Therapy
- I taught myself how to code using a book, WordPress, Google, and a lot of trial and error
- Speaking of books, I read A LOT (check out my book recommendations here)
- Technology is my second language
- I’m on a mission to progress humankind (read more about this here)
Events I’ve been a part of or are currently part of
- Startups Give Back volunteering events
- Breaking into Social Impact (host/moderator)
- Changemaker Forum Live (host)
- Startup Philanthropy: The Benefits of Embedding Social Impact Early On (speaker/moderator)
- Ctrl, Alt, Delete Hate (speaker)
- SF Tech4Good x2 (speaker)
- Epic Foundation + Startups Give Back event (speaker)
- Net Impact Conference (speaker/moderator)
- Interop conference (speaker)
- TEDx Livermore (volunteer)
- You can also catch me at various startup, marketing, and tech meetups around the San Francisco Bay Area